Tuesday, September 19, 2023

"Desperate Plea: 'Save My Husband or the Police Will Kill Me'"

 My name is Kiran, and I am 30 years old. My husband is Sanjay, also known as Mangal. I belong to the Chamar community. We have two sons and a daughter, and I work as a laborer to provide for my family.

It was the evening of October 17, 2022, around 7 PM, when I was not at home. At that moment, two police officers arrived at my house on a motorcycle. The neighbors next door informed me that my in-laws lived near the Barm Baba temple. The police officers approached my in-laws, and my mother-in-law, Nifni Devi, was at home. They told her that they had received orders from the police station and demanded that my son, who was not at home, come to the station.

My mother-in-law explained that my son did not know how to sign, and she called my father-in-law. The police officers, resorting to lies, had my father-in-law sign some documents. After they had the documents signed, they summoned my father-in-law to the police station.

When we arrived at the police station, the officers told us that our son had died and that his body was in the district hospital's mortuary in Lohri. Upon hearing this, my father-in-law collapsed in shock, falling to the ground. At that moment, we couldn't comprehend what had happened or why. Gathering our strength, we brought my father-in-law back home, utterly devastated.

We had been betrayed in the most horrific manner by the police. The people around us provided support as we tried to make sense of this tragedy. On the morning of October 18, 2022, we, along with our entire village, went to Lohri Hospital at 10:00 AM. The doctors arrived around 3:00 PM, and a post-mortem examination was conducted on my husband.

We received his body around 4:00 PM. As we prepared for his final rites, we noticed marks of injuries on his neck, chest, and legs. It seemed evident that he had been brutally assaulted, leading to his untimely demise. Witnessing these signs of violence filled us with immense sorrow and anguish.

We couldn't fathom why the police had inflicted such a severe punishment upon us. Since that incident, I have not been in good health. We live in meager circumstances, and my children frequently inquire about their father, making various demands. The burden of securing their future rests heavily on my shoulders.

On October 16, 2022, around 4:00 PM, my husband had called my mother, uttering these haunting words, "Save me, or the police will kill me." I regret that I could not even speak to my ill-fated husband. Day and night, the fear and uncertainty plague my thoughts, robbing me of sleep and peace of mind.

I implore that strict action be taken against the police officers responsible for my husband's murder. I seek justice for my husband's soul and hope that his tormentors face the consequences of their actions.

 

No comments:

Featured Post

Tireless Service to Humanity

Dear Mr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, Congratulations, you have been featured on Deed Indeed's social platform. ...