Tuesday, September 19, 2023

"From Struggles to Survival: A Testimony of Determination and Resilience"

  I am Naushad Hashmi, and I am 14 years old. My father's name is Putra Shourabh Hashmi, and my mother's name is Munni Hashmi. I live in Gulzar's house in a rented house in front of the Mishra Petrol Pump. I have studied up to class 9, but I couldn't continue my education due to financial constraints. My mother manages our household expenses by doing odd jobs.

I used to live at my grandmother's house in Mumbai, but I came to Banaras two months ago due to the lockdown. When I saw that my mother was struggling to make ends meet and was falling ill due to overwork, I decided to find work to help with the household expenses.

However, I became disheartened because I didn't have any connections here, and I didn't know what to do. That's when my friend Pradeep told me that he could get me a job here. I agreed, and on February 4, 2021, he introduced me to Ranjan Raghuvanshi. Ranjan explained that the job here involved installing gas cylinders, and I would need to sit on a bike with him to do it. He offered to pay me 300 rupees daily.

I agreed and informed my mother about the job. At that time, my mother was not feeling well. On February 5, 2021, I started working with Ranjan Raghuvanshi at 10 in the morning, installing gas cylinders. Every day, after working until 5 in the evening, I would ask for my payment. Ranjan would often say that he didn't have the money at that moment and promised to pay me in a few days. I trusted him and continued working.

During my work, Ranjan mentioned that he had a sister, Rittika, who lived in Jaunpur and was pursuing her education. She faced difficulties traveling from Jaunpur to Banaras for her studies. Ranjan asked if I could provide her with a room near our house. I suggested that he let her stay at his place since she was his sister, but he was reluctant, fearing that it would cause issues at home.

One day, Ranjan's sister called him, asking about my whereabouts. I told her that I had the bike with me. She insisted that I come to her immediately, so I went. She and her mother came to our house, looking for Ranjan and asking why I had the bike. I explained that I had returned from work and had the bike. Ranjan's sister wanted me to take her to the Lakshmi Temple. Afterward, I returned home.

On the same day, February 27, 2021, around 11 PM, Ranjan's wife called and asked where Ranjan was. I told her that he was not here, and I had the bike. She insisted that I come immediately. I went to their place with the bike, and they questioned me about Ranjan's whereabouts. I didn't know where he had gone, so I returned home.

The next day, February 28, 2021, in the morning, Ranjan's wife and mother came to our house and questioned us about why we had given Ranjan the bike. I explained that Ranjan had asked for it every day, so we had given it to him. They threatened us, saying that we would be sent to jail if we didn't reveal the truth. They even tried to intimidate my mother.

Therefore, I humbly request you, sir, to take my case into consideration and investigate so that I am not falsely accused and implicated in any wrongdoing.


No comments:

Featured Post

Tireless Service to Humanity

Dear Mr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, Congratulations, you have been featured on Deed Indeed's social platform. ...