Tuesday, September 19, 2023

"Empowering Torture Victims Through Livelihood Support"

 In a remarkable collaboration between JanMitra Nyas and PVCHR, with the support of the International Rehabilitation Council, goats were provided as a lifeline to Muslim torture victims in Bazardiha, Varanasi. This initiative has proven to be a pivotal step towards easing the financial burden incurred during their pursuit of justice.


"Struggles to Survival: Naushad's Journey of Resilience"

My name is Naushad Hashmi, a 14-year-old boy. I reside in a rented house near Mishra Petrol Pump in front of Gulzar's house. My parents, Putra Shourabh Hashmi and Munni Hashmi, work hard to make ends meet. Despite studying up to class 9, I had to halt my education due to financial constraints.

Two months ago, I moved to Banaras from my grandmother's house in Mumbai. Witnessing my mother's health deteriorate due to excessive work, I decided to help her financially. However, I faced challenges finding work in an unfamiliar place. That's when my friend Pradeep introduced me to Ranjan Raghuvanshi on February 4, 2021. Ranjan offered me a job installing gas cylinders for a daily wage of 300 rupees.

I agreed and informed my unwell mother about the opportunity. As I worked diligently, Ranjan often delayed my payments, promising to settle them later. I trusted him and continued working.

During my employment, Ranjan requested that I help his sister, Rittika, find accommodation in our area, as she faced difficulties commuting from Jaunpur. Despite suggesting she stay with him, he was hesitant, fearing family conflicts.

On February 27, 2021, Ranjan's wife called me late at night, urgently seeking Ranjan's whereabouts. I had the bike he used for work, so I rushed to their place. Unable to provide answers, I returned home.

The next morning, Ranjan's wife and mother arrived at our home, questioning why we had given Ranjan the bike. I explained he had requested it daily for work. They threatened us and even intimidated my mother.

I humbly request your investigation into my case to prevent false accusations and ensure justice prevails.

"Innocence Shattered: Nurul Hak Galla's Tale of Injustice"

In the tranquil town of Bajaradiha, Thana-Bhelupur, District-Varanasi, Mr. Nurul Hak Galla's life took a drastic turn, leading him into a nightmarish ordeal that would forever alter his existence. This harrowing account reveals his journey from a peaceful slumber to confronting unfathomable horrors at the hands of those sworn to protect.

On December 22, 2019, Mr. Galla was abruptly awakened by the violent pounding on his home's door. He encountered uniformed police officers inquiring about his absent elder brother, Mumtaz. Fear gripped him at the mere mention of his brother's name. Without explanation, the officers ordered him to join a procession, leaving him bewildered, as he had no prior involvement.

Before he could utter a word, they forcibly apprehended him and thrust him into the alley. He pleaded for proper clothing, as he was only in undershirt and pants, but received only vulgar abuse in return.

Out in the street, he witnessed an overwhelming presence of uniformed police officers, shrouding the surroundings in terror and helplessness. He was then forced into a vehicle already occupied by Ziaul Haq, Nasim, and Abdul Jabbar (Nasruddin), local boys. Fear and uncertainty clouded their thoughts as they wondered about the reason behind this ordeal.

They were confined in deplorable conditions in a cell, engulfed in the stench of urine and feces. The night was agonizing, marked by a yearning for home that seemed endless.

Morning brought no release; they remained locked inside, hungry and thirsty. Back home, their families were unaware of their whereabouts and suffering. Hunger gnawed at them, but fear kept them from approaching the door for sustenance.

Mr. Galla's health deteriorated rapidly, with excruciating pain in his stomach and head. After receiving word that they were being transferred to the Bhelupur police station, he sought medical attention at a nearby government hospital. Despite severe torture, the medical report downplayed his injuries.

Unjustly charged with serious offenses, including sedition, Mr. Galla spent approximately 25 days in jail, separated from his family. The scars, both physical and emotional, continue to haunt him.

His story underscores the urgent need for justice in the face of abuse of power and serves as a poignant reminder of the resilience of the human spirit in the face of unimaginable adversity.

For detail testimonies, please read follow links: 

"Innocence Shattered: A Tale of Brutality and Injustice"


 

 

No comments:

Featured Post

Tireless Service to Humanity

Dear Mr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, Congratulations, you have been featured on Deed Indeed's social platform. ...