Saturday, October 28, 2023

"A Mother's Plea for Justice: A Heart-Wrenching Account of Police Brutality's Unforgiving Impact"

 

In the quiet town of Hanumangarh Paitiha, Uttar Pradesh, the tranquil life of Anju Devi and her family was shattered by an unspeakable tragedy—police brutality that took the life of her beloved son, Vijay. With a voice heavy with emotion and eyes filled with tears, Anju Devi recounted the harrowing events that led to the loss of her son, painting a vivid picture of the pain and helplessness she has endured.

As she recalled the haunting memory, Anju vividly described how Vijay, her young, spirited son, had pleaded with her in fear, "Sister, take me away from here, otherwise the police will kill us." Her voice trembled as she spoke of the innocence lost, the dreams shattered, and the cruel fate that awaited her family on that fateful September day.

Anju Devi, a mother of three, shared her hopes and aspirations for Vijay, who was taken away from her prematurely. "I had made many dreams for him. Both of my children were married. It was planned to set up Vijay's household by next year. But little did we know that instead of his wedding procession, his funeral would leave this house. That mobile phone became a curse for him."

The heartbreaking narrative unfolded as she recounted the brutal visit of the police to her humble abode. "There were two or three policemen in uniform, and the rest were in plain clothes. There were a total of 20-21 policemen. I got nervous seeing so many police officers. They started beating Vijay as soon as they came. My son started screaming. When I went to save him, the police started abusing me and threatened to strip me naked and take me away if I didn't leave."

Anju's voice cracked with despair as she recounted the pain and horror inflicted upon her son. "Then a male police officer grabbed my hair and hit me, pressing my neck against a stone. I fell down. I lost consciousness. The police took Vijay and left." She described the agonizing moments of uncertainty and despair as she searched for her son, only to discover his dire condition in the confines of the Kaushambi police station.

Her tale grew even more distressing as she revealed the heinous treatment meted out to her son at the hospital, where the very custodians of law and order continued their abuse. "The police were even abusing Vijay at the hospital, saying, 'You are committing robbery. Where are you keeping the money?' I told them, 'Sir, don't accuse my son of such a big crime.'"

Anju's words painted a vivid picture of a mother's pain, fear, and desperation for justice. Her plea echoed through her tears and anguish as she expressed her longing for a fair investigation and severe consequences for those responsible for her son's untimely demise. "I want a fair investigation into this whole incident so that strict action can be taken against the culprits. May our deceased son get justice and security." The testimony stood as a poignant reminder of the devastating consequences of unchecked authority and the urgent need for accountability in the face of police brutality.


"The Devastating Consequences of Police Brutality: Seeking Justice and Accountability."

The testimony provided seems to revolve around police brutality and the tragic consequences it had on a family, including the loss of a son. The central theme appears to be the need for a fair investigation into the incident, seeking justice for the victim and his family, and highlighting the impact of police misconduct and abuse of power on ordinary citizens.

 Vijay told his sister, "Sister, take me away from here, otherwise the police will kill us." My name is Anju Devi. I am 45 years old. My husband is Narayan Prasad, and he works as a laborer. I had two sons and one daughter. However, due to the police, my younger son Vijay, 21 years old, is no longer in this world. I reside in Hanumangarh Paitiha, Police station-Korav, district-Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh in India.

I didn't know that such a great injustice would happen to my son. I had made many dreams for him. Both of my children were married. It was planned to set up Vijay's household by next year. But little did we know that instead of his wedding procession, his funeral would leave this house. That mobile phone became a curse for him.

It was September 9, 2023. My son was returning home from Banaras in the morning. At that time, he thought of taking a bath in Sangam(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triveni_Sangam). He went there. When he was returning after the bath, a boatperson was selling a mobile phone for 2500/-. Vijay bought the mobile and came home. It started raining on the way, and both Vijay and his mobile got wet. When Vijay came home, he said, "Mother, please dry the mobile." I had heard that there is heat inside the rice. I kept it in there to dry the mobile. After that, I got busy with household chores.

On September 10, 2023, Vijay was sleeping in his room at six in the morning. I was cleaning the utensils. Suddenly, two police cars arrived at my house. There were two or three policemen in uniform, and the rest were in plain clothes. There were a total of 20-21 policemen. I got nervous seeing so many police officers. They started beating Vijay as soon as they came. My son started screaming. When I went to save him, the police started abusing me and threatened to strip me naked and take me away if I didn't leave.

I moved away in fear of the police not misbehaving with me. But seeing my son being beaten, I couldn't bear it and started trying to save him. Then a male police officer grabbed my hair and hit me, pressing my neck against a stone. I fell down. I lost consciousness. The police took Vijay and left. After the police left, the neighbors and my husband came. When I regained consciousness, I went to the local police station with my husband. But we didn't find any information about Vijay. Not finding my son made me anxious.

Then on September 11, 2023, I went to the lawyer. With his help, I emailed the CM's portal and the Police Commissioner. Someone from the village told us that the police car had 'UP73' written on it. After hearing this, we called the helpline number, but the phone wasn't connecting. After several attempts, we managed to get through and found out that Vijay was locked up in Kaushambi's Charwa police station. Hearing this made me more anxious. Why were the police treating my son like this?

On September 12, 2023, the police changed Vijay's clothes and took him to the jungle in Kaushambi. They tied his hands and mouth and held a gun to him. They made a video and were saying, "Catch him" and fired shots at him. The bullet hit his right shoulder. Then the police took him to Swaroop Rani Hospital. Vijay called from there, saying, "Mother, I am at Swaroop Rani Hospital. I have been shot." Hearing this, I went to the hospital. Vijay told me everything. It was very painful to hear.

The police were even abusing Vijay at the hospital, saying, "You are committing robbery. Where are you keeping the money?" I told them, "Sir, don't accuse my son of such a big crime." In response, the police drove me away and said, "Go arrange thirty thousand rupees for the operation of your son, otherwise he won't be operated on." I couldn't understand what to do. Where would I arrange so much money from? When the police came to take Vijay, they searched the house and took away my and my daughter-in-law's jewellery, the house papers, and all our Aadhaar cards.

After my son said, "Mother, arrange the operation by arranging the money, and I will repay it when I am well," his father took a loan with interest from the village's Thakur and deposited it in the hospital. Then on Tuesday, September 19, 2023, Vijay's operation took place. He was brought to me at three in the morning on September 20, 2023. At that time, blood was flowing from Vijay's shoulder. Vijay told his sister, "Sister, take me away from here, otherwise the police will kill us." A little later, the doctor gave Vijay an injection, and then blood started flowing from his mouth and nose. Seeing this, we were terrified. Eventually, Vijay passed away. I kept shouting and screaming, asking them to show me my son's face, but no one listened, and they took my son's body to the mortuary.

The police said not to take my son's body home and to bury it from there. I said, "Sir, this is an injustice." After a lot of arguments, they brought the soil and started bringing it home. Many police cars and a procession of senior officers were following us. The police were afraid that we might cause a traffic jam by placing our son's body on the road. The police guarded my house all night.

Until ten o'clock the next day, the police stood outside my house until my son's last rites were completed. The police have wronged my son. Because of this, they continued to follow us like shadows to cover up their mistake. Since my son has gone, everything has become miserable. My support has been snatched away. Saying this, she started crying. Nothing feels right. I am eating to survive. My son's face keeps haunting me all the time. I can't sleep at night. I don't feel like going anywhere. There is no hearing anywhere. Because of this, there is a constant fear. I have no trust in the police. They can go to any extent to hide their crime. I want a fair investigation into this whole incident so that strict action can be taken against the culprits. May our deceased son get justice and security.

विजय ने अपनी बहन से बोला दीदी मुझे यहा से ले चलो, नही तो पुलिस वाले हमे जान से मार देंगे’’

मेरा नाम अंजू देवी है|मेरी उम्र 45 वर्ष है|मेरे पति नारायण प्रसाद है| वह बनी मजदूरी करते है| मुझे दो बेटा और एक बेटी थी| लेकिन पुलिस की वजह से मेरा छोटा बेटा विजय 21 वर्ष इस दुनिया में नही है| मै हनुमानगंज पैतिहा,थाना-कोराव,जनपद-प्रयागराज की रहने वाली हूँ|

मुझे नही मालूम था कि मेरे बेटे के साथ इतना बड़ा जुल्म होगा| मैंने उसके लिए बहुत सारे सपने सजाये थे| दो बच्चो की शादी हो चुकी थी | अगले साल तक विजय का घर बसाना था| लेकिन हमे क्या मालूम था उसकी डोली नही इस घर से उसकी अर्थी निकलेगी|   वह मोबाईल उसके लिए काल बन गया|

9 सितम्बर 2023 की तारीख थी| बेटा सुबह बनारस से घर आ रहा था| तभी वह सोचा संगम में नहा लूँ| वह वहा चला गया| जब नहाकर आ रहा था| एक केवट 2500/- मेंमोबाईल बेच रहा था|विजय ने मोबाईल खरीद लिया और घर चला आया| रास्ते में बारिश होने लगी| जिससे विजय और उसका मोबाईल दोनों भीग गया| विजय जब घर आया तो बोला माँ मोबाईल सुखा दीजिये|मैंने सुना था की चावल के अंदर गर्मी होती है| मैंने उसी में मोबाईल सुखने के लिए रख दिया|उसके बाद घर के कामो में लग गये

10 सितम्बर 2023 को विजय कमरे में सोया था| उस वक्त सुबह के छ: बज रहे थे| मै बर्तन माँज रही थी| |तभी अचानक दो गाड़ी पुलिस मेरे घर आयी| जिसमे दो तीन पुलिस वाले वर्दी में थे और लोग सादे वर्दी मंर थे| कुल 20-21 पुलिस थी|इतनी पुलिस देखकर मै घबरा गयी| वह लोग आते ही विजय को मारने लगे|मेरा बेटा चिल्लाने लगा| मै जब उसे बचाने गयी| तो पुलिस भद्दी-भद्दी गालिया देकर बोली यहा से जाओ नही तो तुम्हे नंगा कर घसीटते हुए ले जायेंगे|

पुलिस मेरे साथ अभद्र व्यवहार न करे मै डर से हट गयी| लेकिन बेटे को मार खाता देख दिल नही माना बेटे को बचाने लगी | तो पुरुष पुलिस ने मेरा बाल पकड़कर मारा| और गला दबाते हुए पत्थर पर ढकेल दिया| मै गिर गयी| मुझे होश नही था|पुलिस विजय को लेकर चली गयी| पुलिस के जाने के बाद पडोस के लोग और पति आये| प्रार्थिनी को जब होश आया तो वह पति के साथ स्थानीय थाने गयी| लेकिन विजय का कोई पता नही चला| बेटे को न पाकर मेरा मन घबराने लगा|

तब 11 सितम्बर 2023 को वकील साहब के पास गये| उन्ही की मदद से सीएम पोर्टल और पुलिस आयुक्त को ईमेल किया|तभी गाव वालो में से किसी ने बताया की पुलिस की गाड़ी में UP73 लिखा था|यह सुनकर हम लोगो ने हेल्पलाईन नम्बर पर फोन किया लेकिन फोन लग नही रहा था| सातवी बार में फोन लगा| जिसके बाद पता चला की विजय कौशाम्बी के चरवा थाने में बंद है| यह सुनकर मन घबराने लगा| पुलिस वाले मेरे बेटे के साथ ऐसा सुलूक क्यों कर रहे है|

12 सितम्बर 2023 पुलिस ने विजय का कपड़ा बदलकर कौशाम्बी के जंगल में ले गये| पुलिस ने उसका हाथ मुंह बांधा और पिस्तौल पकड़ा दिया|उसका विडियो बनाकर बोल रहे थे पकड़ो-पकड़ो कहते हुए उस पर गोलिया चलायी| गोली उसके दाहिने कंधे पर लगी| उसके बाद पुलिस उसे स्वरूपरानी अस्पताल ले गयी| वही से विजय ने फोन किया|माँ मै स्वरूप रानी अस्पताल में हूँ| मुझे गोली लगी है| यह सुनकर मै अस्पताल गयी| तो विजय ने मुझे सारी बात बतायी|यह सुनकर बहुत तकलीफ हुई|

पुलिस अस्पताल में भी विजय को गाली दे रही थी| बोल रही थी डकैती करते हो पैसा कहा रखे हो| मैंने कहा साहब मेरे बेटे पर इतना बड़ा आरोप मत लगाइये| इस पर पुलिस मुझे भगाते हुए बोली जाओ तीस हजार रुपए का इन्तेजाम करो तभी तुम्हारे बेटे का आपरेशन होगा| मुझे कुछ समझ में नही आ रहा था| इतने पैसे का इन्तेजाम कहा से करे| घर पर जब पुलिस विजय को लेने आई थी तो तलाशी के नाम पर मेरा और बहु का गहना, घर का कागज और हम सभी का आधार कार्ड उठा ले गयी| जमीन का कागज या गहना रहता तो उसी को रेहन रखकर इलाज करवाती | बेटे ने कहा माँ पैसे का इन्तेजाम करके आपरेशन करवा दो ठीक होने पर कमाकर दे दूंगा|

 उसके पिता ने गाव के ठाकुर से ब्याज पर कर्ज  लेकर अस्पताल में जमा किया| जिस पर मंगलवार 19 सितम्बर 2023 को विजय का आपरेशन हुआ| 20 सितम्बर 2023 को तीन बजे भोर में विजय को मुझसे से मिलाया|

उस वक्त विजय के कंधे से खून निकल रहा था| तभी विजय ने अपनी बहन से बोला दीदी मुझे यहा से ले चलो नही तो पुलिस वाले हमे जान से मार देंगे| कुछ देर बाद डाक्टर ने विजय को इंजेक्शन लगाया| उसके बाद विजय के मुंह और नाक से खून निकलने लगा| यह देखकर हम घबरा गये | देखते ही देखते विजय ने दम तोड़ दिया| मै चीखती चिल्लाती रही मेरे बेटे का चेहरा दिखा दो| लेकिन किसी ने नही सुना बेटे को चीरघर ले  जाया गया|

मेरा बेटा जिस बात से डर रहा था वही उसके साथ हुआ| मेरी तो दुनिया ही लुट गयी| दुसरे दिन पोस्टमार्टम हुआ| पुलिस का कहना था कि बेटे का शव घर मत ले जाओ| यही से लेजाकर दफना दो| मैंने कहा साहब यह कहा का अन्याय है|

बहुत बहस करने के बाद शाम को मिटटी मिली घर लेकर आने लगे| तो पुलिस की कई गाड़िया और उच्च अधिकारी का काफिला हमारे पीछे-पीछे आ रहा था| पुलिस को इस बात का डर था कि कही हम लोग बेटे का शव रोड पर रखकर चक्का जाम न कर दे| रात भर पुलिस मेरे घर पहरा दे रही थी|

दुसरे दिन दस बजे तक पुलिस मेरे घर पर डटी रही जब तक बेटे का अंतिम संस्कार नही हो गया| पुलिस ने मेरे बेटे के साथ गलत किया है | इस वजह से वह अपनी गलती को छिपाने के लिए साये की तरह हमारे पीछे लगी रही| जब से बेटा गया है रो रोकर बुरा हाल हो गया है| मेरा तो सहारा ही लुट गया| यह कहते हुए वह रोने लगी | कुछ भी अच्छा नही लग रहा है| जीने के लिए खा रही हूँ| हर वक्त बेटे का चेहरा आँखों के सामने घूमता है| रात को नीद नही आती है| कही आने जाने का मन नही करता है| कही सुनवाई नही हो रही है| इस वजह से हर वक्त एक डर सा बना है| पुलिस का कोई भरोषा नही है| वह अपना जुर्म छिपाने के लिए किसी हद तक जा सकती है|

मै चाहती हूँ कि इस पूरी घटना की निष्पक्ष जाँच हो| जिससे आरोपियों के खिलाफ सख्त से सख्त कार्यवाही हो सके| हमारे मृतक बेटे को न्याय और सुरक्षा मिल सके|  


No comments:

Featured Post

Tireless Service to Humanity

Dear Mr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, Congratulations, you have been featured on Deed Indeed's social platform. ...