Saturday, October 28, 2023

"A Tragic Tale of Betrayal: Seeking Justice Amidst Police Brutality and Corruption"


Narayan Prasad's heart-wrenching narrative exposes the harrowing realities of seeking justice in the face of rampant police brutality and corruption. His emotional account sheds light on the grim challenges faced by countless individuals like him, struggling to navigate a system rife with injustice and deceit.

Narayan's voice echoes with anguish as he recounts the treacherous path he was forced to tread in his pursuit of justice for his beloved son, Vijay. Despite the cruel hand fate dealt him, his resilience shines through, bearing witness to the inherent strength of a grieving father.

His experience at the hands of the very legal system meant to protect its citizens unravels a shocking tale of betrayal, with the lawyer he trusted opting for compromise and coercion instead of genuine support. The sense of helplessness and vulnerability he felt in the face of relentless harassment and violence speaks volumes about the pressing need for substantive police reform and accountability.

As the heart-rending details of his son's tragic fate unfold, the overwhelming grief that continues to consume Narayan's every waking moment becomes palpable. The unjust treatment meted out to Vijay, from unjust detainment to the inhumane physical assault and the callous demand for ransom, lays bare the deeply entrenched corruption within the law enforcement system.

Narayan's tale serves as a powerful reminder of the urgent need for empathy and comprehensive reform within the police force. His unwavering quest for justice stands as a beacon of hope amid the darkness, inspiring a collective call to action against the systemic abuses that continue to plague countless lives within communities.

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

 "Challenges of Seeking Justice and Police Reform: A Personal Account of Corruption and Brutality."

The testimony provided appears to be a personal account of a tragic incident involving police brutality, corruption, and injustice.

My name is Narayan Prasad. My father's name is Heeralal Soni. I am 50 years old. I am illiterate. I work as a laborer. I had two sons and one daughter. But because of the police, my younger son Vijay, who was 21 years old, is no longer in this world. I am a resident of Hanumanganj Pateeha, Police Station-Korav, District-Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh in India.

I took the help of the law to get justice for my son, but even there, the lawyer deceived me and my laywer made compromise with the police. Advocate Shivdatt Mishra, also known as Satendra, of the Prayagraj District Court said that the opposition wanted to make compromise with me. I was very upset after hearing the lawyer's words. After this, he said to settle the case by paying some money. I was not prepared for this. When I talked to another lawyer, he said to meet the opponent and see what he says.

On October 12, 2023, I went to Shivdatt Mishra's chamber with my wife and daughter. From there, the lawyer took us to Room 221 of the Aman Hotel located near to Court. There, a police officer in uniform came. He said to settle the matter by taking four lakh rupees. We were not ready for this. Shivdatt Mishra forced us to take the money. After taking the money, he took us to the chamber and started extorting four and a half lakh rupees from us.

When we protested, many other lawyers were called, and they closed the doors of their chamber and beat me severely. They beat my daughter's back and pulled my wife's hair and beat us badly. We somehow managed to escape from there. When we went to a woman police officer standing a little further for help, all three women police officers said that we should leave or else all the lawyers would beat us badly.

The lawyer whose help I took to get justice for my son, he wronged us. This incident has weakened me from within. I have not been able to overcome the grief of my son yet. On September 9, 2023, my son was coming home from Varanasi in the morning. He went to bath in the Sangam(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triveni_Sangam). He bought a mobile phone from a shopkeeper for 2500/- and came home. Both Vijay and his mobile got wet due to rain on the way. When he came home, he gave the mobile to his mother to dry.

On September 10, 2023, Vijay was sleeping in the room. I was not at home. It was six o'clock in the morning. My wife was washing the utensils. Suddenly, two police cars came to my house. There were two or three policemen in uniform and some people in plain clothes. There were a total of 20-21 policemen. My wife got nervous seeing so many police officers. They started beating Vijay as soon as they arrived. My wife went to save him, so a male police officer grabbed her hair and pushed her on the stone. She fainted. The police took Vijay with them. After the police left, the neighbors came to my house. Sometime later, when I came home, I got to know all these things. When my wife regained consciousness, she went to the local police station with me, but we did not find any information about Vijay. Not finding my son, I started getting worried.

Then on September 11, 2023, I went to the lawyer's office. With his help, I emailed the CM portal and the Police Commissioner. Then someone from the villagers told me that the police car had 'UP73' written on it. After hearing this, we called the helpline number, but the phone was not connecting. It connected on the seventh attempt. After that, I came to know that Vijay was locked up in the Charwa police station in Kaushambi. Hearing this, I became anxious. Why were the police treating my son like this?

On September 12, 2023, the police changed Vijay's clothes and took him to the jungle in Kaushambi. The police tied his hands and mouth and held a pistol. They made a video of him, shouting 'catch him' and fired shots at him. The bullet hit his right shoulder. After that, the police took him to Swaroop Rani Hospital. Vijay called his mother from there. I am at Swaroop Rani Hospital. I have been shot. After hearing this, we went to the hospital. Vijay told us everything. It was very painful to hear this.

The police at the hospital were also abusing Vijay. They were saying that he was a dacoit, asking where he kept the money. My wife said, 'Sir, please don't make such big allegations against my son.' Hearing this, the police chased her away, saying, 'Go and arrange thirty thousand rupees, then your son will be operated on.'

I could not understand anything at that time. How could we arrange so much money? When the police came to take Vijay from my house, they took my wife's and daughter-in-law's jewellery, the house documents, and all our Aadhaar cards in the name of a search. They are still with the police. If we had the documents or jewellery, we could have kept them and got the treatment done.

To get my son's operation done, I took a loan from the village's landlord at interest and deposited it in the hospital. Vijay's operation took place on Tuesday, September 19, 2023. We met Vijay at three o'clock in the morning on September 20, 2023. His shoulder was bleeding. Then Vijay said to his sister, 'Take me from here, otherwise the police will kill us.' After a while, the doctor gave Vijay an injection. After that, blood started coming out from his mouth and nose. Seeing this, we got scared. Suddenly, Vijay passed away. Seeing this, we were very distressed. Everything was over for us. The police took away the support of my old age. We kept shouting to show my son's face, but no one listened. They took my son's body to the mortuary.

The police said not to take the son's body home but to take it from there and bury it. I said, 'Sir, this is injustice.' After much argument, they started bringing soil to my house in the evening. Many police cars and senior officials were following us. The police were afraid that we might put my son's body on the road and create a traffic jam. The police guarded my house all night.

The next day, the police stood at my house until ten o'clock in the morning until my son's final rites were completed. The police mistreated my son. Because of this, they kept following us like a shadow to hide their mistake. Since my son has gone, everything has become miserable. Nothing feels good. I eat to survive. My son's face keeps haunting my eyes all the time. I don't feel like coming or going anywhere. The actions of the lawyer have been very shameful for us. Because of this, a fear has become constant.

The incident has left a lasting impact on my well-being. Even now, I struggle to come to terms with the grief caused by the loss of my son. The sequence of events leading to his tragic fate haunts my every moment, leaving me in a constant state of fear and despair.

Despite my illiteracy, I have faced unimaginable challenges in seeking justice for my son. The betrayal by those meant to uphold the law has shattered my trust in the system, emphasizing the urgent need for comprehensive police reform and accountability.

Link for more details:  https://pvchr.blogspot.com/2023/10/a-mothers-plea-for-justice-heart.html




मै अपने बेटे को न्याय दिलाने के लिए कानून का सहारा लिया, लेकिन वहा भी वकील साहब ने मुझे धोखा देकर पुलिस से मिल गये’’

मेरा नाम नारायण प्रसाद है|मेरे पिता हीरालाल सोनी है|मेरी उम्र 50 वर्ष है|मै अशिक्षित हूँ| मै बनी मजदूरी करता हूँ| मुझे दो बेटा और एक बेटी थे| लेकिन पुलिस की वजह से मेरा छोटा बेटा विजय 21 वर्ष अब इस दुनिया में नही है| मै हनुमानगंज पैतिहा,थाना-कोराव,जनपद-प्रयागराज का रहने वाला हूँ|

मै अपने बेटे को न्याय दिलाने के लिए कानून का सहारा लिया लेकिन वहा भी वकील साहब ने मुझे धोखा देकर पुलिस से मिल गये| प्रयागराज लोवर कोर्ट के वकील शिवदत्त मिश्रा उर्फ़ सतेन्द्र ने कहा की विपक्षी आपसे सुलह करना चाहता है| वकील साहब की बात सुनकर बहुत तकलीफ हुई| इसके बाद उन्होंने कहा कुछ पैसे ले देकर मामले को खत्म करो | मैं इसके लिए तैयार नही हुआ | मैने दुसरे वकील साहब से बात किया तो उन्होंने कहा विपक्षी से मिलो देखो क्या कहता है|

  12 अक्टूबर 2023 को मै शिवदत्त मिश्रा के चेम्बर में मै मेरी पत्नी और बेटी गयी| वहा से वकील साहब  हमे कचहरी स्थित अमन होटल के कमरा नम्बर 221 में ले गये| वहा पर सादे वर्दी में दरोगा जी आये| उन्होंने बोला साढ़े चार लाख रुपये लेकर मामले में सुलह कर लो|हम इसके लिए तैयार नही थे| शिवदत्त मिश्रा ने जबरदस्ती दबाव देकर रुपए लेने पर हमे मजबूर किया| रुपए लेने के बाद वह हमे चेम्बर में ले गये | और साढ़े चार लाख रुपया हमसे छिनने लगे|

जब हम लोगो ने इसका विरोध किया तो कई और वकील को बुलाकर अपने चेम्बर की जाली बंद कर मेरे सिर पर कई हाथ मारा| मेरी बेटी के पीठ पर और पत्नी का बाल नोचकर हम लोगो को बुरी तरह मारा पिटा गया | हम लोग किसी तरह वहा से बाहर निकले | मदद के लिए कुछ दूर पर खड़ी महिला पुलिस के पास जाकर आप बीती बताये| तो तीनो महिला पुलिस ने कहा आप लोग यहा से जाइये नही तो सारे वकील मिलकर आप को बुरी तरह मारेंगे|

मै बेटे को न्याय दिलाने के लिए जिस वकील का सहारा लिया| उन्होंने ही हमारे साथ गलत किया| इस घटना ने मुझे अंदर से कमजोर कर दिया है| अभी बेटे के गम से उबर ही नही पाया हूँ|  

9 सितम्बर 2023 की तारीख को बेटा सुबह बनारस से घर आ रहा था| वह संगम में नहाने गया| वही पर एक केवट से 2500/- में मोबाईल खरीद कर घर चला आया|रास्ते में बारिश होने से विजय और उसका मोबाईल दोनों भीग गया| जब घर आया तो अपनी माँ को मोबाईल सुखाने के लिए दिया| 

10 सितम्बर 2023 को विजय कमरे में सोया था| मै घर पर नही था |सुबह के छ: बज रहे थे| पत्नी बर्तन माँज रही थी| |तभी अचानक दो गाड़ी पुलिस मेरे घर आयी| जिसमे दो तीन पुलिस वाले वर्दी में थे और लोग सादे वर्दी में थे| कुल 20-21 पुलिस थी|इतनी पुलिस देखकर पत्नी घबरा गयी| वह लोग आते ही विजय को मारने लगे|पत्नी उसे बचाने गयी| तो पुलिस भद्दी-भद्दी गालिया देकर बोली यहा से जाओ नही तो तुम्हे नंगा कर घसीटते हुए ले जायेंगे|

पत्नी बेटे को बचाने लगी | तो पुरुष पुलिस ने उसका बाल पकड़कर गला दबाते हुए पत्थर पर ढकेल दिया|   वह बेहोश हो गयी|पुलिस विजय को लेकर चली गयी| पुलिस के जाने के बाद पडोस के लोग मेरे घर आये | कुछ देर बाद मै घर आया तो मुझे यह सब बाते पता चली| पत्नी को जब होश आया तो वह मेरे साथ स्थानीय थाने गयी| लेकिन विजय का कोई पता नही चला| बेटे को न पाकर मेरा मन घबराने लगा|

तब 11 सितम्बर 2023 को वकील साहब के पास गये| उन्ही की मदद से सीएम पोर्टल और पुलिस आयुक्त को ईमेल किया|तभी गाव वालो में से किसी ने बताया की पुलिस की गाड़ी में UP73 लिखा था|यह सुनकर हम लोगो ने हेल्पलाईन नम्बर पर फोन किया लेकिन फोन लग नही रहा था| सातवी बार में फोन लगा| जिसके बाद पता चला की विजय कौशाम्बी के चरवा थाने में बंद है| यह सुनकर मन घबराने लगा| पुलिस वाले मेरे बेटे के साथ ऐसा सुलूक क्यों कर रहे है|

12 सितम्बर 2023 पुलिस ने विजय का कपड़ा बदलकर कौशाम्बी के जंगल में ले गये| पुलिस ने उसका हाथ मुंह बांधा और पिस्तौल पकड़ा दिया|उसका विडियो बनाकर बोल रहे थे पकड़ो-पकड़ो कहते हुए उस पर गोलिया चलायी| गोली उसके दाहिने कंधे पर लगी| उसके बाद पुलिस उसे स्वरूपरानी अस्पताल ले गयी| वही से विजय ने अपनी माँ को फोन किया| मै स्वरूप रानी अस्पताल में हूँ| मुझे गोली लगी है| यह सुनकर हम लोग अस्पताल गये | तो विजय ने सारी बात बतायी|यह सुनकर बहुत तकलीफ हुई|

पुलिस अस्पताल में भी विजय को गाली दे रही थी| बोल रही थी डकैती करते हो पैसा कहा रखे हो| मेरी पत्नी ने कहा साहब मेरे बेटे पर इतना बड़ा आरोप मत लगाइये| इस पर पुलिस उसे भगाते हुए बोली जाओ तीस हजार रुपए का इन्तेजाम करो तभी तुम्हारे बेटे का आपरेशन होगा|

उस वक्त कुछ समझ में नही आ रहा था| इतने पैसे का इन्तेजाम कहा से करे| घर पर जब पुलिस विजय को लेने आई थी तो तलाशी के नाम पर मेरी पत्नी  और बहु का गहना, घर का कागज और हम सभी का आधार कार्ड उठा ले गयी| जो अभी भी पुलिस के पास है|जमीन का कागज या गहना रहता तो उसी को रेहन रखकर इलाज करवाते |

बेटे का आपरेशन करवाने के लिए गाव के ठाकुर से ब्याज पर कर्ज लेकर अस्पताल में जमा किया| जिस पर मंगलवार 19 सितम्बर 2023 को विजय का आपरेशन हुआ| 20 सितम्बर 2023 को तीन बजे भोर में विजय को मुझसे से मिलाया|

उस वक्त विजय के कंधे से खून निकल रहा था| तभी विजय ने अपनी बहन से बोला दीदी मुझे यहा से ले चलो नही तो पुलिस वाले हमे जान से मार देंगे| कुछ देर बाद डाक्टर ने विजय को इंजेक्शन लगाया| उसके बाद विजय के मुंह और नाक से खून निकलने लगा| यह देखकर हम घबरा गये | देखते ही देखते विजय ने दम तोड़ दिया| यह देखकर हमें बहुत तकलीफ हुई|हमारा तो सब कुछ खत्म हो गया | पुलिस ने मेरे बुढ़ापे का सहारा मुझसे छीन लिया| हम चिल्लाते रहे मेरे बेटे का चेहरा दिखा दो| लेकिन किसी ने नही सुना बेटे को चीरघर ले जाया गया|

मेरा बेटा जिस बात से डर रहा था वही उसके साथ हुआ| दुसरे दिन पोस्टमार्टम हुआ| पुलिस का कहना था कि बेटे का शव घर मत ले जाओ| यही से लेजाकर दफना दो| मैंने कहा साहब यह कहा का अन्याय है|

बहुत बहस करने के बाद शाम को मिटटी मिली घर लेकर आने लगे| तो पुलिस की कई गाड़िया और उच्च अधिकारी का काफिला हमारे पीछे-पीछे आ रहा था| पुलिस को इस बात का डर था कि कही हम लोग बेटे का शव रोड पर रखकर चक्का जाम न कर दे| रात भर पुलिस मेरे घर पहरा दे रही थी|

दुसरे दिन दस बजे तक पुलिस मेरे घर पर डटी रही जब तक बेटे का अंतिम संस्कार नही हो गया| पुलिस ने मेरे बेटे के साथ गलत किया है | इस वजह से वह अपनी गलती को छिपाने के लिए साये की तरह हमारे पीछे लगी रही| जब से बेटा गया है रो रोकर बुरा हाल हो गया है| कुछ भी अच्छा नही लग रहा है| जीने के लिए खा रहे है| हर वक्त बेटे का चेहरा आँखों के सामने घूमता है| रात को नीद नही आती है| कही आने जाने का मन नही करता है| वकील साहब ने जो कुछ हमारे साथ किया वह बहुत ही शर्मनाक है| इस वजह से हर वक्त एक डर सा बना है| कब हमे न्याय मिलेगा|

मै चाहती हूँ कि इस पूरी घटना की निष्पक्ष जाँच हो| जिससे आरोपियों के खिलाफ सख्त से सख्त कार्यवाही हो सके| हमारे मृतक बेटे को न्याय और सुरक्षा मिल सके|




No comments:

Featured Post

Tireless Service to Humanity

Dear Mr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, Congratulations, you have been featured on Deed Indeed's social platform. ...