Monday, April 15, 2019

Afroza Bano: a ray of hope from Parmandapur village of Varanasi



Thanks to Raj Dulari Foundation,Sweden , Ms. Parul Sharma ji and 200 Swedish Donors for scholarship support of education to girls.

Follows abstract from talk of Afroza Bano:

My name is Afroza Bano.I live in Parmandapur village in Arjiline Block of Varanasi, India. My father doesn’t have any work; he lives at mostly on Majar (Sufi religious place). Economic situation of my family is very poor. My mother works at home as well as knitting stitching. And my elder brother works in a company for the family expenses. Due to the poor condition of family my brother and sister couldn’t study. Today I am the student of B.A second year. I got the opportunity to study from Rajdulari foundation. If I get help for my further studies also I will give continuity to my studies and looking forward to become teacher. I want to promote education among girls in future.


                                      With her mother

When I went to study in college the boys would try to harass me they whistled at me and said they would kidnap me for sure and sometime they said they would burn my face with acids so, I was really scared and told to my parents about this and they told me to quit the college but I had no intention to quit my studies and with the help of PVCHR, I complained about this situation to the police and some of the boys were taken to police station. After that they stopped harassing me.

I had left the  studies after grade 10 and my parents wanted to make my marriage then with the help of PVCHR  and Rajdulari  Foundation, I was able to study.   

#PVCHR #ParulSharma #U4HumanRights #GirlsPower #Education

No comments:

Featured Post

Tireless Service to Humanity

Dear Mr. Lenin Raghuvanshi, Congratulations, you have been featured on Deed Indeed's social platform. ...