Saturday, April 20, 2013

Raped 5-year-old girl critical

From: PVCHR Communication <>
Date: 19 April 2013 4:50:36 PM GMT+05:30
To: "yogesh.dube" <>
Cc: Yogesh Dube <>, PVCHR MINORITY <>
Subject: Fwd: Raped 5-year-old girl critical

Dr. Yogesh Dubey
National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
New Delhi

Dear Sir,

I want to bring in your kind attention towards the news published in The Hindu on 19th April, 2013 regarding Raped 5-year-old girl in critical condition.

A five-year-old girl, who was raped allegedly by a neighbour after holding her captive for four days, is battling for life due to infection contracted from foreign objects found inside her body, doctors said on Friday.
The incident reported on Thursday from Gandhi Nagar triggered protests outside Swami Dayanand Hospital.
Dr R K Bansal of the hospital said the next 24 to 48 hours will be critical for the girl and that there were injuries and bruises on her private parts, chest, lips and cheeks. She had some bruises on her neck which indicated that the accused might have tried to strangle her.
"She was scared and not fully conscious. Initially she did not allow us to proceed with the examination as she was in tremendous pain. She had fever also and after giving medicines, it became normal. However, the fever recurred and we found she had some infection.
"After giving anaesthesia, more tests were conducted and we found that there were some foreign objects like candle and a 200 ml bottle of hair oil inside her body," Bansal said, adding that they were not giving her food as she had infection in her stomach also.
Dr. Bansal said it was one of the worst cases his team of doctors had attended to.
Police is on the hunt for the accused, who stayed on the ground floor of the building where the victim and her family lived. The girl was rescued from the accused's house on Thursday, four days after she went missing.
The minor's family claimed that the police was "insensitive" by not registering a case in time and that some policemen told them that they should be happy that the girl was alive, allegations which were denied by the force.
"When I went to lodge an FIR, police refused to register the case. If they had made a better attempt, they would have found her. Police told me to be happy that she was alive," her father alleged.
He also alleged that doctors refused to give any information beyond that his daughter was critical.
The girl's mother said the victim went out to play and was kidnapped. "The man then locked her up in his room and raped her. I want justice from the government," she said.

Therefore it is a kind request to take appropriate action at earliest following The Protection of Children from sexual offences (POCSO) ACT 2012.

Thanking You

Shruti Nagvanshi, Managing Trustee

Shirin Shabana Khan, Senior Manager
Peoples' Vigilance Committee on Human Rights

Sa 4/2 A Daulatpur, Varanasi - 221002

Mobile No: +91-9935599330

No comments: